CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

OMFG I'm Famous!

Ok maybe not "famous" per se... but our friend Sarah came to visit us this weekend after an extended stay in France.  We ended up spending an extreme majority of her time with us eating- but I don't think any of us would have had it any other way.

When my sister moved to Richmond back when I was in highschool I could not understand her interest in living here and I swore that I would never even consider Richmond as my home base.  However, after 5 months in Woodbridge I realized that it was either move... or murder the masses at Poto Mills, and I wanted to be close to family so Joe and I packed up and headed south.  I am lucky enough to have both my sister and brother and their families (including my amazing and beautiful nieces) within miles.  In fact, my dad apparently tracked the mileage and my sister and I live exactly one mile apart- a rather frightening thought for some of you I'm sure.

Wow that was a tangent.

Anyway- now that Joe and I are in Richmond I can't imagine being anywhere else.  We live about 15 minutes from absolutely everything (except my job which does pretty much blow) and although we don't take as much advantage of our city as we should we do venture out sometimes.  Most of our "adventures" involve food since it is by far our favorite thing and luckily Richmond is the place to be when it comes to food in Virginia.  What is it Joe?  Richmond has the most restaurants per capita in the country or something totally ridiculous?  Needless to say, we spent our weekend happily with a good friend and good food.  Sarah wrote it all beautifully on her blog The Damned Mountain http://thedamnedmountain.blogspot.com/

I must add that Joe was the one brave enough to down an entire cup of guinness gelato.  I had amaretto and chocolate hazelnut- my usual.  And my homemade pizza had tomatoes, mushrooms, greek olives, artichokes, mozzarella and parmesan on top of a garlic, red pepper, olive oil mixture. Always amazing.

0 comments: