CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Manic Monday update!

Because I know that the Fiona picture is slightly terrifying I had to add this...

I came into work this morning right on time with Dexter on my heels.  We have a big event coming up tomorrow and the day before a big event tends to be a little crazy since we cater our own events and style them all to be PERFECT.  Needless to say when I showed up at 9:30 I found three of my coworkers in our storage closet digging for last minute stuff, so I helped out for a few minutes and then headed upstairs.  When I got there I found Fiona had made a triumphant return to my office space, which is funny since I just posted about her and she's been MIA for a month or so now (we tend to pass her around to office to surprise each other...)


Fiona had developed tears which puddled at the bottom of her neck (she was seated in my chair but i had to move her to get a decent picture) with a note that said "It'll sure be different without you here.  -Jane"  It was from my former supervisor and the woman who has, by far, taught me the most about the work that we do.  She's become my mentor and someone I truly look up to and seeing that I would be missed just made these last three years worth it.  During a time when I'm feeling like all the work I've done isn't appreciated she took the time to let me know she'd miss me in a funny way that was special to us (although creepy).

I will miss this crazy family.

0 comments: