CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

So yesterday was quite a day.  I have been blessed to have been working at the same agency for almost three years- which is actually quite a feat not only for a young social worker but really... for any social worker.  I love the work that I've been doing and most of the people with whom I work have become my family in the last few years.  We may not always see eye to eye on work related matters but when it comes right down to it there are a lot of days I walk into my office to find a tiny plastic penis or even Fiona in my space and I can't help but love my crazy coworkers.

This is Fiona.
The head and wig were donated...
the artistic touches were added by my director and former supervisor and it was left on my bookshelf for me to find on Monday morning.

However there have been some changes over the last year that I haven't entirely been on board with and beyond that the work that I do is mentally and emotionally taxing.  I started job hunting pretty aggressively in January and on Monday I realized that I just couldn't wait any longer.  It was a really difficult decision that I didn't make lightly.  I chose to quit my job knowing that times are tough and jobs aren't easy to come by, but I chose to quit my job to save myself from certain destruction.  My mom put it best when she said "interviewing for jobs requires you to sell yourself and right now you aren't feeling good enough about yourself to be able to do that well."

When I made the decision that I was ready to quit I talked to Joe and luckily he was incredibly supportive.  I was terrified on a lot of levels but he never once made me feel like I was making the wrong decision.  When I got home last night he greeted me at the door with a giant grin and open arms.  All he could do was hug me and say "I'm so excited for you."  And he's right- the best is yet to come =)

So here is to tomorrow- to the next chapter in this crazy life I- no, we- live.  All I know is that it will surely be a bumpy ride but I have the support of an amazing family and the best man I've ever known.

1 comments:

MP said...

Very scary, but also a new exciting adventure. I'm very happy for you and glad you're doing what's best for you!